|"The Terminus Mandate"|
|The Venture Bros. episode|
|Directed by||Juno Lee|
|Written by||Doc Hammer|
|Original air date||September 23, 2018|
|List of The Venture Bros. episodes|
The Terminus Mandate is the eighth episode of Season 7 and the overall seventy-ninth episode of The Venture Bros.
The members of Guild Council must face their arch rivals for one last time, while Doc happily falls into a black widow's deadly web.
Episode Cast Edit
- James Urbaniak: Dr. Venture, Phantom Limb
- Patrick Warburton: Brock Samson
- Mike Sinterniklaas: Dean Venture
- Chris McCulloch: Hank Venture, Dr. Z, Dragoon, Radical Left, General Hunter Gathers, The Monarch, Tim-Tom, Watch
- Clancy Brown: Red Death
- Doc Hammer: Dr. Mrs. The Monarch, 21, Red Mantle, Ward, Kevin
- Brendon Small: Action Johnny, Blind Rage
- Cristin Milioti: Novia, Receptionist
- Hal Lublin: Wide Wale, Z Henchman
- Mark Gagliardi: Rocco
- James Adomian: Night Dick
Connections to Other EpisodesEdit
- Dr. Mrs. The Monarch takes on her Lady Au Pair guise, an identity used in Fallen Arches when she applied to be the main arch for the Order of the Triad.
- In Shadowman 9: In the Cradle of Destiny, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch's failure as the villain Lady Au Pair is commented upon in a flashback. In The Terminus Mandate this is elaborated upon: her humiliation by Novia in grabbing the Faith Diamond is noted as Lady Au Pair's most significant defeat in the final arching letter given to her by The Guild.
- There is a framed photo of Dr. Z and Sergeant Hatred on Dr. Z's wall. That photo was taken way back in the Season 3 episode The Buddy System, which was also Dr. Z's first appearance on the show.
- It is stated on the card written by Watch and Ward that all of Red Mantle and Dragoon's former enemies are deceased. This might mean that Desmond, the original Captain Sunshine, may have passed away as Dragoon mentioned in Any Which Way But Zeus that he used to arch him in the '60s.
- Red Death has been given a seat on the Council of 13, presumably as part of the deal Dr. Mrs. The Monarch worked out with him in The Rorqual Affair.
- The Go-Pod was destroyed by Wide Wale's henchmen in the Rorqual Affair. It now sits, still broken, in the corner of Hank's bedroom.
- Dr. Phineas Phage is notably absent from the Guild Council in this episode. The reason for this absence is later revealed in The Saphrax Protocol: he has become comatose as a result of an accident with the teleporters stolen from Dr. Venture in the Unicorn in Captivity.
Cultural References Edit
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey (1991)
- Radical Left is seen playing the board game Clue against his chosen final arch, Right Wing. This is similar to Bill S. Preston Esq. and Ted "Theodore" Logan playing the game, amongst others, against Death to avoid being consigned to the afterlife for all eternity in the 1991 movie Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. Upon losing Right Wing even quotes Death by demanding, "Best three out of five."
- Wide Wale's first archenemy was the real-life 1970s New York City crime fighter Curtis Sliwa, founder of the Guardian Angels, a volunteer organization of unarmed crime-prevention vigilantes. Sliwa is now a radio talk show host and chairman of the Reform Party of New York State.
- When reading his final arching assignment card, Wide Wale says "Those two set the Wayback Machine all the way back to when I started out", referring to the WABAC Machine, a time travel machine used by Mr. Peadody and Sherman to meet historical figures of the past in the "Peabody's Improbable History" segment of the show The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends.
- Hank moved into Dean's old room in the VenTech Tower after Dean moved to the on-campus dorms at Stuyvesant University in The High Cost of Loathing. On the shelf next to Hank's bed are his Enrico Matassa hat and the Batman mask he wears as The Bat. Also in the room are a photo of Sirena Ong, a football, a beanbag chair, Hank's Stingray bass guitar and amplifier, and the demolished Go-Pod.
| Preceded by:|
"The Unicorn in Captivity"
| The Venture Bros. episodes|
September 23, 2018
| Followed by:|
"The Forecast Manufacturer"