|The Venture Bros. character|
The Unicorn in Captivity
The Guild of Calamitous Intent
Presto Change-O is a jovial supervillain with the power to change his physical form, though he always retains his colors. He is a member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent.
When introduced in The Unicorn in Captivity, Presto Change-O was part of a team with CopyCat, Tunnel Vision, Ramburglar, Dot Com, Driver X, and The Monarch who had joined together to steal Dr. Venture's teleporters from VenTech Tower. However, the job was but a ruse by CopyCat to get a group of decoys for the real theft attempt.
Presto Change-O attempted to run interference with Samson in order to allow Henchman 21 and Dot Com to escape with the teleporters. Samson, however, was unimpressed with Presto Change-O's stair climbing machine form and stabbed him in the head. The blow left the shapechanger writhing helplessly in pain, oozing blue-green blood from the knife wound but seemingly still alive. Only 21 was able to escape.
Presto Change-O takes on a number of shapes and forms in the episode The Unicorn in Captivity:
- Giant hand (right hand only, waves when meeting The Monarch)
- Hand truck ("Man truck!")
- Boat (gondola)
- Giant jack-in-the-box
- Giant shovel (right hand only)
- Stair climbing machine
- Presto Change-O's whimsical voice is very similar to that of The Joker, the most famous supervillain from Batman: The Animated Series, who was also voiced by Mark Hamill.
- Presto Change-O's superhumanly elastic abilities are nearly identical to those of Plastic Man, while his impish appearance evokes the 5th dimensional supervillain Mister Mxyzptlk (if Jack Kirby was his tailor).
- Presto Change-O bears a strong resemblance to the Marvel Comics character Impossible Man, who also features both a green-and-purple color scheme and comedic shapeshifting abilities.
- It is unclear as to whether or not Presto Change-O was killed when Brock stabbed him. Despite the wound being between the eyes, he did not stop moving afterwords.